Steps To Find Joy in Life
Finding the Joy in Life can be challenging sometimes. Don’t you agree? I’m talking about those days when everything seems to be going wrong and the misfortunes pile up. You might wonder if someone is plotting against you! If you find yourself in that situation I hope you don’t let the circumstances get you down. It is when we become distracted by what’s “wrong” that we miss what’s “right” in our lives.
I had to laugh. It was one of those days when a few unexpected events could have brought me down. I sliced my hand significantly on my glass pitcher as it bounced off the porcelain sink. Later, I parked in the wrong place downtown (I never saw the garage door) and had a ticket on my window that said “TOW”. Worse things could have happened to you, but I generally don’t have these experiences.
Fortunately I managed without stitches and I was minutes ahead of the tow truck, thus avoiding further charges. If I spent my time worrying about the bad I would have missed the good outcomes of both situations. I was able to purchase a better, lighter blender for my delicious smoothies (recipe here) and meet with a few amazing new business connections from the networking event I attended. All-in-all, I counted the price of the parking ticket as a lesson learned and a cost of doing business.
What are your lemons in life? Have you “made lemonade” from the situation? Follow these steps if you need a little help.
1. Start your day with intention. Pick a good one! Add an affirmation to make your intention more powerful such as “I feel terrific!”, “I am an amazing organizer.”, “I see the bright side of all situations.” It doesn’t really matter if you believe these affirmations at first. Repeat them often and your behavior will prove you are right.
2. Smile when you speak. It’s amazing how your words and your attitude change when your physical actions dominate. Even over the phone, the smile in your voice will shine through. When speaking face-to-face with someone who is smiling, you can’t help but smile too. So be the first one to smile. You’ll be glad you did.
3. Choose. You can choose to be happy, choose to be optimistic, bright, positive, etc. If these choices seem foreign to you, then it may take a little practice. Start with one situation at a time. Life is all about choices. You always get to choose how you feel.
4. Be observant. Look for situations and people who seem positive, bright and cheery. They’ll be easier to find when you are the one adding your smile. Positive people attract more positive people. Who would you like to have in your circle? If you’re sad, pessimistic, critical, etc, you will attract more people into your circle who are like that. Even worse, you’ll be alone. Others will figure it out and not want to be around you.
5. Reconnect to nature. Get outside, go to the beach, go for a hike or a simple walk. Ok I’ll say it. Hug a tree. Changing your environment to bring the outside in can also help. Bring plants or a water fountain into your work space.
6. Pet an animal. Animals understand you better than you think. Their calm nature or funny disposition seems to be what you always need, whether you realize it or not. Before you know it, you’ll be smiling, calmer, happier and more at peace.
7. Add Reiki to your life. Reiki is all about “the Greatest and Highest Good”. When you start your day with Reiki and use Reiki often, you’ll develop these positive habits a lot faster and attract more good into your life.
By the way, when I cut my hand accidentally that morning, I used Reiki right away and felt no pain from the cut. Reiki protects me even when I’m not thinking about it because I start my day with Reiki.
Stuff happens. We all get lemons once in a while. When stuff happens to you, remember these tips. If you’d like to learn more about adding Reiki to your life, please visit my website, http://RosemarysSolutions.com/reiki.html ask for free Reiki, or register for a Reiki class.